May 05, 2023 - The Lilliput Railroad

Original 4 x 7 HO-15 Minimum Twice Around

Shown above is the original 4 x7 HO-15 Minimum Twice-Around track plan that was found in an old Atlas Model Railroad Company Catalog via HO Seeker Net, as the Atlas HO Layouts For Every Space 2021 edition isn't as detailed as it was back in 1996.

I will admit that I wasn't thrilled with the offset measurements, as most beginner layouts are built as 4 x 6 and 4 x 8 layouts. I also wanted to modify the design as I wasn't pleased with the closeness of the tracks to each other as a single-level layout.


I downloaded the Simple Computer-Aided Railway Modeller to modify the track plan to measure 4 x 8. I also changed the track plan by removing the 30-degree crossing and replacing it with a railroad bridge and omitted the far right-hand industrial spur before the bridge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 29, 2023 - Locomotive As A Load Project - Part One

July 10, 2023 - Done With Tony's Train Exchange

June 24, 2023 - AHM MDT/35-Ton Plymouth Diesel Switcher