July 7, 2023 - Locomotive As A Load Project - Part Two

I placed my online order with Wm. K. Walthers, Inc. instead of M.B. Klein. I purchased a Walthers Mainline Caboose Detail Kit (no.201) and Kadee 40' PS-1 Box Car Ladders (no.2102) for my upcoming Boom Car project. I also purchased an A-Line 12" Black Chain package and a piece of Northeastern Scale Lumber for an upcoming Flat Car/Plymouth Load project. According to Wm. K. Walthers, Inc., I should receive my order as soon as July 9, 2023.

AHM MDT/35-Ton Plymouth Diesel Switcher
Stripped Of Its Motor And Parts

After I placed my order with Wm. K. Walthers, Inc.,  I went to work on dismantling the AHM MDT/35-Ton Plymouth Diesel Switcher. Although the seller on eBay proved that the model was operational, the copper contacts and motor were on their last legs based on the dust and other deposits I found. It didn't take long to strip the locomotive of its guts and reassemble the shell to the chassis. Now that the AHM MDT/35-Ton Plymouth Diesel Switcher is a dummy locomotive, its lightweight body shouldn't cause any problems - such as weight shifts - when used as a load on a Walthers Trainline 50' Flat Car.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 29, 2023 - Locomotive As A Load Project - Part One

July 10, 2023 - Done With Tony's Train Exchange

June 24, 2023 - AHM MDT/35-Ton Plymouth Diesel Switcher